Our new website has launched! Log in or reset your password here.

HAES-aligned Endocrinologist

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Good morning!  Does anyone have a recommendation for an endocrinologist who does not focus on weight?

Thank you so much!

Best,

Michelle

michelle@tasteoflifewellness.com

Hi Michelle! I have not unfortuantely, but I have had success with having clients advocate for themselves with Dr. Bhagia. My sisters and I all have PCOS and I actually sent my 2 sisters to her. A bit of self-advocacy is required with her but she is an excellent endocrinologist and I feel does more to get to the root issue and make a plan of action forward. I just have asked clients that have seen her to make it clear from the beginning that you are uninterested in weight loss advice or recommendations.

Vinita Bhagia, MD

2727 W. Holcombe Blvd.,
    Houston, TX 77025

713-442-0000

Hi Michelle,

Ashley Davis is an NP in Atascocita. I wouldn’t consider her a HAES provider, but I’ve never known her to make weight a focus. She definitely takes the time to listen to her patients and take a variety of factors into consideration, and doesn’t display bias based on body size. She may make a comment about weight, but if her patients tell her they don’t want weight to be a part of the discussion, she is very respectful of that. So, similar to Lauren’s recommendation, some self-advocacy is advised.

(281) 446-7173

17903 W. Lake Houston Parkway, Suite 201
    Atascocita, Texas 77346

Ashley Davis, NP

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.